VOYAGEUR DAYS! – Flyer 2010
CRANE LAKE VOYAGEUR DAYS
SEPTEMBER 3 – 6, 2010
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday – ONGOING EVENTS
- Floatplane Air Tours – Friday, Saturday, Sunday (See below)
- Trading Post Run (Instructions below)
- Sidewalk Sales – Crane Lake Merchants
- Sale of Voyageur Days T Shirts – Crane Lake Merchants
- Casting Contest – Lakeview Motel (See below)
Friday, September 3, 2010
- Social and Book Signing at Nelson’s Lodge 5:00PM – 7:00PM
- Celebration Dinner at Nelson’s – 7:00PM
Prime Rib or Champagne Chicken (Advance Ticket Purchase Only)
- Karaoke at Nelson’s Lounge 8:30PM – 12:30AM
Saturday, September 4, 2010
- Dee Kuder’s Bird Walk 8:00AM – 10:00AM – Meet at Voyagaire Parking Lot
##### KID’S ACTIVITIES #####
Arrowhead Hunting – Painting Voyageur Statues – Voyageur Pierre Pinata
Voyageur Canoe Rides from Voyagaire’s Dock
- Community Fish Fry at Voyagaire Lodge Noon – 1:30PM – Pay $10.00 at Event
- Lori Sanborn’s Trail Hike to Little Vermilion Lake Beach – Boat Ride Back to Crane Lake
Wear a Voyageur Days T Shirt & Meet at Handberg’s Marine 2:00PM – 5:00PM
- Paddleboat Races – 3:00PM (See below)
- Cat and Mouse Contest – 4:00PM (See below)
- RC Fly Show at Scott’s Seaplane Base – 6:30PM (See below)
- Floatplane Air Tours – Beginning at 5:30PM (See below)
- Voyageur Day Dance at Voyagaire Lodge – Sweet Freedom 9:00PM – 12:30AM
Sunday, September 5, 2010
- Fire Hall Open House – Smokey Bear will Show the New Fire Truck 9:00AM – 11:00AM
- Scout Encampment at Fire Hall – Celebrating 100 Years of Scouting 9:00AM – 11:00AM
- Pancake Breakfast at Crane Lake Chapel 9:00AM – 11:00AM
- Crane Lake Chapel Services – 11:30AM
- Ice Cream Social at Handberg’s Marine 2:00PM – 4:00PM
- Trading Post Run Prizes Awarded at Handberg’s Marine – 3:00PM
- Sunday Night Dance at Voyagaire Lodge – Sweet Freedom 9:00PM – 12:30AM
Monday, September 6, 2010
- All Day Car Show at Voyagaire Grounds
Trading Post Run Instructions
Pick up a map at Andersons Canoe Outfitters available Saturday, September 4, 2010. This is your first official Trading Post Stop. Take advantage of the ‘End of Season Discounts’. Continue shopping at the remaining 6 locations listed below to obtain each store’s unique stamp.
Handberg’s Marine – Lakeview Motel – Nelson’s Resort – Scott’s Seaplane Base
Voyageur’s Landing – Voyagaire Lodge
On Sunday, after you have shopped at the remaining 6 Trading Posts and received their official stamp, bring your map to the Ice Cream Social at Handberg’s Marine. Upon validation of all stamps, your name will be put in a random drawing. The first name drawn will be the grand prize winner and will receive $100 for first place. There will be 2nd and 3rd places drawn with prizes awarded from the various Trading Posts. The drawings will be held at 3:00PM.
Attention – Remote Control Airplane Owners
You are invited to participate in the RC airplane demonstration at Scott’s Seaplane Base on Saturday, September 4, 2010 at 6:30PM. Bring your plane or for more information contact Brian (Opie) Sullivan, the designated Air Traffic Controller for the show.
3:00PM at Lakeview Motel. Bring your own Paddleboat or a Paddleboat will be provided.
Cat and Mouse
4:00PM at Scott’s Seaplane Base Beach. A traditional Voyageur contest of luck and skill.
Saturday and Sunday 10:00AM – 4:00PM at Lakeview Motel.
Floatplane Air Tours
Friday, Saturday and Sunday On the half hour from 5:30PM – 6:30PM at Scott’s Seaplane Base. $50 per person, minimum of 3 passengers. Make your reservation at Scott’s Seaplane Base.
Ticket Sales – Advance Only
The only event that requires a ticket in advance is the Celebration Dinner at Nelson’s Resort on Friday, September 3, 2010. Prime Rib – $20.00, Champagne Chicken – $15.00, Kid’s Dinner – Hamburger & Fries – $9.00. Social begins at 5:00PM.
Community Fish Fry
Pay at the event – Advance tickets not required. Saturday, September 4, 2010 Noon – 1:30PM at Voyagaire Lodge. Children may order from Kid’s Menu.
For more information about the celebration, please contact a member of the committee:
Ruth Carlson Cathy Erickson
Betty Corcoran Gretchen Janssen
Jim Janssen Jo Ann Pohlman
Diane Finch Lori Sanborn
Sue Adams Mary Brisky